Simplicity Linux è una distribuzione Linux derivata da Puppy Linux e che utilizza il desktop enviroument LXDE per default. E’ disponibile in 4 edizioni: Obsidian, Netbook, Desktop e Media.
Questa versione (in Inglese):
- We are pleased to announce the release of Simplicity Linux 16.04. Due to a hard disk failure on our production machine, it has been released a little later than we would have liked. As with recent versions of Simplicity, it is based on the excellent LXPup and uses LXDE as the desktop environment. Mini and Desktop come with the 4.0.4 kernel, and X comes with the 4.4.5 kernel.
- As with our previous releases, Mini (Previously Simplicity Linux Netbook Edition) is our heavily cut down version. It comes with Flash preinstalled, the latest version of Firefox, and web versions of Spotify, Dropbox, Gmail, Google Docs and many other applications. Desktop is our fully featured distribution, based on the same base as Mini but rather than web based applications; it comes loaded with Flash, Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, GIMP, and Mplayer.
- Also in this release, you can test our most experimental version of Simplicity Linux to date, X 16.04 dubbed as NX. This version comes with a warning as it is still in the very early stages of development. It comes with the 4.4.5 kernel, but it is an x32 64-bit kernel. NX has successfully booted on a 64-bit virtual machine and we were quite pleased with the results, although we have not yet tested it on a physical machine. X should not be considered finished or complete. However it is a sneak peek at a direction Simplicity Linux may move towards in the future, and we’d love for our users to try it out and let us know what you think.
La distribuzione può essere scaricata da:
- Desktop (546MB): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/simplicitylinux/Desktop1604Final.iso
- Netbook (279MB): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/simplicitylinux/Mini1604Final2.iso
- NX (817MB): http://downloads.sourceforge.net/simplicitylinux/X1604NX.iso
Il sito web della distribuzione è: http://simplicitylinux.org
Il sito web per i programmatori è: http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplicitylinux
Simplicity Linux 16.04
NX è la versione sperimentale con kernel a 64 bit.